Friday, August 31, 2012

No Guts, No Glory

When trying out a new trend, how do you know if you've taken it too far?  There aren't exactly do's and do nots to this question.  There is, however, a certain degree to which you know you might have just toppled a little too far over the edge. For those of you who tend to stick to the "all-american" clean cut affect, this is not something you will have to worry about.  This is for the folks who tend to disregard any kind of guideline about mixing polka-dots with stripes.

As long as I can remember i've always loved fashion.  Be that as it may, while growing up in a very rural town, no one ever pulled me aside and said, "You don't have to wear Abercrombie & Fitch or GAP to look good!" It wasn't until I made it to college that I stopped putting so much emphasis on my khakis matching my gingham button-down and started spending much more time on clothes themselves.  Without realizing it, I had begun to pull things from my closet that I wanted to wear that day, regardless of if the top matched the bottom or the bag matched the belt.

My case in point being, if you feel like wearing a tank top with a tutu....DO IT!!!  The only negative thing that could come out of this experiment is that you won't get any compliments from strangers.  After all, you might surprise yourself (and others around you) with how much this will build your confidence and inspire more creative ensembles in the future!


Don't
Belle (Billie Piper)
Secret Diary of a Call Girl


DO
Carrie (SJP)
Sex and the City 2

No comments:

Post a Comment